1. The early _____ catches the worm
2. That\\\'s Kumar. He\\\'s ___ travel agent
3. Would you mind _____ this letter
4. I ______ him lately.
a. have not seen
b. have not seen
c. will not see
d. did not see
Answer: have not seen
5. All the money ______ kept in the locker.
d. have been
6. Find the correct spelling :
7. Fill in the blanks with suitable preposi,tion: I have been staying here ------- 2005
8. Neither of the two speakers ....... eloquent.
9. We ___________ all yeaterday.
10. If you had ordered it, I _______________ it.
Answer: would have arranged
11. The authority turned down the proposal. The italicized phrase means ______.
12. Ab initio means ___________
Answer: from the beginning
13. Choose the incorrectly spelt word
14. Which country is world's first smoking free country ??
15. Choose the correctly spelt word:
16. Everyone has heard of ‘phrasal verbs’, ___?
Answer: haven’t they
17. Geetha suggested ____ to the cinema.
18. Students looked very bored _____ the lesson.
19. As a goal-scorer Pele’s superiority…………other footballers was indisputable
20. To be indifferent_________________our work is a serious offence.