1. A new series of hundred rupee notes ____ been issued
2. I ____ walk ten miles without getting tired
3. If I were a bird, __________
Answer: I would fly away
4. Fill in the blanks She reached _____ her destination in time
Answer: nothing required
5. I have lost my______of keys.
6. Mohan is five years senior ______ Jaleel
7. Poor people hardly get loans from nationalised banks, ______?
a. did they
b. do they
c. didn’t they
d. don’t they
Answer: do they
8. _____ is a synonym of ‘hostile
9. Many people _____________the poor.
Answer: looked down on
10. Find the correct spelling :
11. .Choose the antonym of the word 'rigid'
12. Fill in the blanks with suitable tense forms of the verbs. The managing director is away on tour. He- - - - - - to London
Answer: has gone
13. Many a life .......... lost in the ship wreck.
Answer: has been
14. __________ the Panchayath President nor the members attended the meeting.
15. He said, "I bought a house in Mumbai" , The indirect speech of the sentence is :
Answer: He said that he had bought a house in Mumabi
16. You gained an advantage ____ me.
17. Choose the word opposite in meaning to the word ‘RESERVED’:
18. The terrorists blew ....... the bridge.
19. Choose the passive voice of—‘Who ate my cheese?’
Answer: By whom was my cheese eaten ?
20. The child ………….. for two hours
Answer: have been sleeping