1. Five years__ a long time to wait
2. ______ dog is ______ useful animal
3. Change the voice: He opened the door.
Answer: The door was opened by him
4. The boy had finished his homework when _______
a. I call him
b. I have called him
c. I had called him
d. I called him
Answer: I called him
5. He did not eat the cake; she did not eat it ________
6. The older he got _____he became.
a. the happy
b. the happier
d. more happier
Answer: the happier
7. One Word Substitution: Condition involving difficulty in reading and spelling.
d. None of these
8. Would you mind_______________________this letter?
9. Meena danced well .........?
Answer: didn\'t she
10. "Carpe diem" means :
Answer: Enjoy the present day
11. "Don't play at night" is a/an ______________ sentence.
12. Nothing was known about him __________ ?
Answer: was it
13. The match ___________ by their team.
Answer: has been won
14. Which one is the longest river in Asia ??
15. You gained an advantage ____ me.
16. Mr.Balan Nair with his family ---------attending the party
17. ”Thank you”,he said(Change to indirect speech)
Answer: He said that he thanked me
18. The child ………….. for two hours
Answer: have been sleeping
19. ……………. a lovely place?
20. He was sorry .....late last night.
Answer: about coming