Profit and loss is the one of major question section in Competitive exams. These formulas will be helpful for your upcoming Exams like PSC, SSC, IBPS and Other Competitive Exams.
- Cost Price(CP) : The Price at which a particular item purchased, is called its Cost Price.
- Selling Price (SP): The price at which a particular item is sold, called its Selling Price.
- Profit: If Selling Price of an item is more than Cost Price , then vendor is said to have a Profit.
- Loss: if Selling Price of an item is less than Cost Price, the vendor said to have a Loss.
- Profit = SP – CP
- Profit % = Profit/(CP)×100
- SP = ((100+Profit% )/100)×CP
- CP = (100/(100+Profit%))×SP
- Loss = CP – SP
- Loss% = Loss/(CP)×100
- SP = ((100-loss%)/100)×CP
- CP = (100/(100-loss%))×SP
1. The cost price of 40 apples is the same as the selling price of 25 apples. Find the gain percent.
2. A Table was purchased for Rs. 470 and sold at a profit of 10%. Find the selling price.
=(100+10)/100 X 470